Friday, May 26, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Plus One by Aleatha Romig

Plus OnePlus One by Aleatha Romig
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

Who knew that Ms. Romig could turn out a RomCom...I had no doubts that this was going to be a good read, but I guess I didn't expect to be quite as witty and entertaining as it was. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was funny, laugh-out-loud, embarrass myself at lunch kind of funny. It was sexy, with a dirty talking boss and a HR person who loves to swear. I had chemistry and a fun story line that didn't drag out.

Kimbra needs a plus-one. Someone to appease her family and drag along to this wedding extravaganza. She finds the perfect opportunity to "blackmail" none other than her super sexy, kind-of-a-playboy-boss. What she doesn't realize is that Duncan has had his sites on her for a while and she is basically playing into his hand.

So begins this wild-whirlwind type of story that you can kind of see how it will all play out, but what you don't expect is the full-of-life side characters and a story that stills take you by surprise. There is room to further this little world and perhaps another book like this in the future, well I sure hope so since we become a bit taken by some other characters and I know I want more from them. Overall, I just really enjoyed this side of the author and really enjoyed these characters.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment