Friday, May 26, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Set Me Free by M.R. Leahy

Set Me Free (Bound Forever, #1)Set Me Free by M.R. Leahy
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

description

Dark, with a good dose of feels and suspenseful with a captivating cast.

This is my first by this author and will not be my last. It was completely immersed in this story line. A young girl brought this terrible place and even though she was the "princess" her soul was destroyed. Her only safe place was her room with her roommate who was just a broken as she was.

Emmalyn, is a beautiful soul but so damaged by the environment she has been thrown into that you wonder if she can every be saved from it. This training facility is cruel and her guards and trainers are crueler. Kodah is her strength and safety. Kodah is captivated by this young child when she first arrives and over the years they spend together she becomes something more. But as Emmy gets older, the closer she gets to leaving this place behind.

The lengths of depravity have no end in this training facility and the evil that runs it knows no bounds. Marx is a true evil soul and just the mention of his name made me cringe and wish a brutal end to him. He owns and runs the facility, along with guards and slaves and his wretched wife. The halls of this place have secrets and I found myself waiting on bated breath to learn them all...which I didn't.

This story was pretty intense and dragged me all the way in. I became completely attached to our two characters; I felt their frustration, fear, love, pain and confusion. I wanted to bang my phone when I got to the end because their story is not over, far from it actually. BUT I definitely needed a breather before I start the next one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment