Friday, May 26, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Surrender the Dark by Tibby Armstrong

Surrender the Dark (The Dark, #1)Surrender the Dark by Tibby Armstrong
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

description


This is the first book I have read by this author so going in I was a bit excited and a bit nervous. I love paranormal stories and I am always interested to see a new take on this type of world. Ms. Armstrong spent a lot of time developing this world. There were a lot of working and moving parts, a number of different fractions of players and overall a lot going on.

Ben is a born hunter. Growing up in a hunter family he was taught that vampires are bad and need to be eliminated. Tzadkiel is a vampire, a War King. These two have some pretty deadly history and don't just dislike each other, they hate each other. They were born to kill each other but when the lines between reality and what they were taught becomes a bit blurry and lines get crossed.

I liked both of our main characters as well as the series of side characters that we met. The blinded Hunter and a War King, both suffered the loss of their family. Very strong personalities can sometime clash and clash they did, but there was also the hints of something else. I did want more of that something else, a lot more actually. While the story and world were well developed, the romance became very secondary. Being this is the beginning of a larger story, I understood the need for a lot of details. The story was never boring and I was kept interested, I just didn't love it as much as I wanted to.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment