Friday, May 26, 2017

Shy's Review ~ Dominic by Marie James

Dominic (Cerberus MC #4)Dominic by Marie James
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description
I feel like Marie James just keeps getting better. She's come to be one of those authors for me that I expect a great story from every time I read something by her. But it always ends up being even better than I expected. Dominic was no exception.

While Dom had been introduced in previous books and I thought I had an idea of what he might be like, I was in no way prepared for how much I would love him. Yes, sometimes he could be a jerk. And he was moody and temperamental on a good day. But at his core he had built walls to protect himself after being hurt before, and behind those walls was a really good man who deserved love.

His love ends up not being at all who I originally expected. But I actually loved her even more for him. Makayla is one of those characters that my heart bleeds for every thing they've been through, and yet I am amazed at their resilience and strength despite it all. She could easily have let her past break her. But she didn't. And her selflessness is pretty endearing.

With this story Marie James wrote something that grabbed me from the beginning, held on all the way through, and isn't going to let me go for a long time to come, if ever. This author is brilliant and I cannot wait to see what she comes out with next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment