Friday, May 26, 2017

Shy's Review ~ In the Heir by Ruth Cardello

In the Heir (Westerly Billionaire, #1)In the Heir by Ruth Cardello
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

Well I definitely enjoyed this one. I want to start off the review by saying that. I enjoyed both of the main characters and while I had moments where I didn't love some of the secondary characters, the main characters were definitely what made the story for me.

In this story Brett and Alisha are introduced when Brett's grandmother delivers an ultimatum to her grandchildren that they can get their inheritance early if they marry and invite all of the family to the wedding. Brett's family is very disconnected due to the circumstances of his parents divorce and his grandmother is looking to bring everyone back together. But when Brett meets Alisha it's on the arm of his brother as his fiancee. The two have to not only work through an undesirable attraction to each other but also secrets and family revelations that could potentially tear the family apart forever.

I think one of the main things that stuck out for me with this story was how much I like the plot and flow of it. I almost felt like I was getting two really good stories in one the way the story progressed. Even though everything was intertwined and very well done I love the transition and structure while I was reading.

For me, the main characters were definitely the kind that the more you learn about them the more they grow on you and you start rooting for them and only want the best for them. Some of the secondary characters I didn't necessarily feel the same way about. While they all had some redeeming qualities there were certainly moments when I wasn't a big fan. That included the grandmother, the mom and dad, and even the siblings had their moments when I was not liking them and even sometimes really disliked them. But I definitely was invested enough in everyone to have feelings about them at all.

Overall however, I thought this was a good story with an interesting premise, a nice plot flow, and the ending was the perfect setup to have the reader looking forward to the next book in the series. I know I will be looking out for it and hopefully get to see some happy endings for everyone involved.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment