Thursday, June 15, 2017

Blog Tour ~ #Review ~ Notice by K. Webster

Notice

by K. Webster 
Publication Date: June 6, 2017 
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Dark Romance, Suspense

Purchase: Amazon | Apple | Nook | Kobo
I didn’t notice her before…but now I do.
The shiny strands of gold in her silky brown hair.
Tiny crinkles between her eyebrows when she frowns.
Her passion for neatness.

Once I focus on her, I can’t take my eyes from my newest obsession. Ever.
I need to know everything about her.
Her past. Her present. 
The way she takes her coffee.
Exactly how she smells after a spritz of perfume in the mornings.

She’s perfect in every way and I was blind.
But, God, now do I see.

I notice the organized way she arranges her clothes in her closet.
How she visits the same market each Saturday. 
The sounds of her breathing as I lie beneath her bed in silence.

Violet is mine.
She just doesn’t know it yet.

***WARNING***
Notice is a dark and unusual romance. Extreme sexual themes and violence in certain scenes, which could trigger emotional distress, are found in this story. If you are sensitive to dark themes, then this story is not for you. If you aren't into super obsessive stalkers, then this story is not for you.




Review
4 stars
Any time I read a book by K Webster I know I am in for a wild ride and this one was no exception to that rule. It wasn't as dark as some of her other books, but it definitely wasn't light. It did take the creepy/stalker persona to a whole new level and then added in some grit, a bit of dark humor, and some heat.

Violet has had enough from her job. After six years of being overlooked and mishandled she is done. But slapping her notice on her bosses desk has the opposite effect she things it should. Because now after missing what was right in front of him Greyson had his sights on something he refuses to let go of.

So begins the strange yet captivating story of Grey and Violet. There were times that I perhaps questioned my own sanity because with each passing act of the stalker extraordinaire he became more endearing. Both of these characters have less than stellar pasts and both have quirks that makes them who they are now. Together they work, albeit weird with a lot of push and pull. There is one thing I can surely say about this author and that is to expect the unexpected. Each time she writes something, I still find myself surprised. This new set of characters were nothing like I expected. And while I didn't love Violet's character I enjoyed reading about her. While I probably should not have loved Grey, I kind of did, even when he did things that made me have the out-loud "WTF." You did need to suspend your beliefs a bit because there were some things that were so wild and situations that were a bit far-fetched, but being that this is a work of fiction and supposed to be a messed up story, it all worked.

This was another unforgettable book that still has me shaking my head, quite a number of days later. I can't wait for what else is locked into the scary imagination of Ms. Webster. 

~Jess



About K. Webster

K Webster2 

 K Webster is the author of dozens romance books in many different genres including contemporary romance, historical romance, paranormal romance, and erotic romance. When not spending time with her husband of twelve years and two adorable children, she’s active on social media connecting with her readers. Her other passions besides writing include reading and graphic design. K can always be found in front of her computer chasing her next idea and taking action. She looks forward to the day when she will see one of her titles on the big screen. You can easily find K Webster on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Goodreads! Website: www.authorkwebster.com Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/bllgoP

No comments:

Post a Comment