Saturday, June 10, 2017

Diane's Review ~ I'm Only Here for the Beard by Lani Lynn Vale

I'm Only Here for the Beard (The Dixie Wardens Rejects MC #4)I'm Only Here for the Beard by Lani Lynn Vale
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

The beard is everything…
And so are the men behind them! I love this series full of protective, alpha, beard-clad men who love their women with everything they are. All in, no holds barred, everything else falls to the side, love. My heart flutters and my funny bone gets prodded (a lot) in another emotionally-filled outing of the Rejects MC.
“I needed to either bring her into my world, or get rid of her, because I was falling fast. I was falling hard.”
Sean was betrayed by love and he is not having any of it. Not anymore. His crusty, cranky exterior is meant to keep everyone at bay and he succeeds admirably. I couldn’t help liking him anyway with dry wit and humour masking his pain. He just seems to be hangry (all the time). Naomi, on the other hand, is starting over in a new town to recover from her own love life (or lack of one) and the fallout of an accident. It seems that love isn’t in the cards but cupid has a sense of humour too…
They are work partners but grow on each other through each call and each conversation - some serious and others down-right hilarious. Both are wary and the reasons are not trivial even as Naomi strikes the right chord with Sean and their chemistry simmers so deliciously. The work partners to friends to lovers journey is the perfect pace to watch and feel them share, laugh and snark their way through each setback and step forward…
“You don’t have to be crazy to be my friend. I’ll train you.”
With Sean perfecting “cranky” and Naomi poking the bear at every opportunity, when the heat exploded, it was perfect. Their story makes me crave even more from this author and, luckily, there were glimpses on what’s to come. I can’t wait!
*snickers*
“The closest I’ve come to double penetration is eating both Little Debbies at the same time.”


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment