Friday, June 2, 2017

Erin's Review ~ Fat Girl Begone! by D.E. Haggerty

Fat Girl Begone!Fat Girl Begone! by D.E. Haggerty
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

description

Every time I finish a novel from DE Haggerty, I'm excited to see what she is going to give us next. After I finished the last one, I wasn't sure what direction she'd go in and I was pleasantly surprised with what she delivered. Different from the last few I've read, this story didn't have the mystery/suspense aspect but it still gave me everything I have come to love from her; plenty of laughs, endearing characters, and an engaging storyline.
Everly has struggled with her weight and while she's beautiful the way she is (even though she may not see it), she wants to be more fit. After a bad break up, her best friend signs her up for personal training sessions at the gym. There, she meets Carter, Gabe, Charise, Tara, Naomi, Jessie, and her confidence. Not one, but two men, are suddenly interested in her, just the way she is. It was interesting watching her navigate her career, friends, her physical fitness, and two different guys vying for her attention.
Haggerty always creates a great group of characters. Like all of Haggerty's female leads, I absolutely adored Everly. She worked hard to push past her insecurities. Even when she was unsure she opened herself up to new opportunities. Throughout the story, I enjoyed watching her grow and evolve.
The romantic aspect added yet another dimension to the story. Funny, sweet, sexy, and at times, even frustrating, I was captivated. I won't go into detail about the men in Everly's life because I don't want to spoil anything, but I will just say, I was totally swooning.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment