Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Erin's Review ~ The King by Skye Warren

The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)The King by Skye Warren
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

My heart is in my throat right now. Wow. My emotions are all over the place. It's been a little while since a book gave me with a visceral response like this.
We were given aspects of Penny and Damon's story in the Endgame Trilogy and it left me intrigued. Both have been through so much at the hands of an evil man. Will they be able to help heal one another or will they be forced apart?
Warren's almost poetic prose is the perfect contrast to the dark and gritty world she creates for her characters. Having been shaped by their circumstances, Damon and Penny are fractured. The connection, the chemistry between them, somehow makes the cold, the pain, the ache, just a little better. Sometimes that's not enough though and we are left wondering how things will turn out.
As usual, Warren brings us right to the edge of a cliff and leaves us, precariously on the ledge. I am so eager to find out where she is going to take us with this story. I have a feeling it's going to put me through the ringer. Bring it on, Ms. Warren.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment