Saturday, June 10, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Adrift by Sarah Darlington

Adrift (Kill Devil Hills, #4)Adrift by Sarah Darlington
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

I had been waiting for this book because if you had followed the series and are like me, you needed to know what was going to come of Ben and what were his reasons behind his untimely demise.But no story is complete without drama from home and a red-head with a whole host of her own problems. Juniper is running, trying to find a better life than the one that she has. She finds herself in a place like no other, Kill Devil Hills, in a house she happened upon and a neighbor who just might be the answer she is looking for.

This was a sweet story, with a good dose of drama, a slow building relationship and a little suspense. It was a nice addition to the series and it was good to see the other characters. I did think there were some things that felt unresolved and I felt that there were some excuses that weren't really what I expected but overall I did enjoy Ben's story. He had a lot of explaining to do and I don't know if I was happy enough with his explanations but I did enjoy seeing him open up to this stranger. I liked that Juniper was completely removed from what got Ben to this point in his life and I found her story intriguing.

This was a fast-paced, enjoyable, addition to the series. I look forward to what else the author has in-store for us in the future.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment