Saturday, June 10, 2017

Jess's Review ~ The Darkest Corner by Liliana Hart

The Darkest Corner (Gravediggers #1)The Darkest Corner by Liliana Hart
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

This was not my first book by Liliana Hart and I was super intrigued by the premise of this book and now series. The Gravediggers are not quite what I thought they would be. I was a little bummed at first but once I found out more about them and how they came to be I got over it. Being the first book in the series this book was plot and setting heavy. We meet the Gravediggers, get the back story on them, meet the other players and learn about this sleepy town.

We also meet mortician, Tess. She is a fun character. She has a spunky personality and entertaining dialog with not only herself but others in the book. She comes from a pretty uncommon background and while her work life was turned upside-down she has taken her new "employees" and their strange ways in stride. But there is one of them that she can't help but swoon over.

Deacon was the first Gravedigger, well sort of, and basically the leader of this crew. All of these men have a set of skills that make them invaluable to their bosses. Deacon has had his sights on the crazy Tess for some time. He was just waiting and now his waiting is over. But being part of this life is not for the faint of heart and with it comes danger and quite possibly death.

The chemistry between these two is pretty undeniable. Having read other books by this author, I was actually expecting a little more intensity but it worked for the type of book this was. Not only was it the beginning of a series but there was a mission as well. The actual mission felt a little forced and rushed but it gave a good picture of how this crew works together.

I look forward to more from this series and can't for who is next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment