Saturday, June 10, 2017

Jess's Review ~ When Life Happened by Jewel E. Ann

When Life HappenedWhen Life Happened by Jewel E. Ann
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

Looking for more words but my initial reaction is...

Wow, that was really good. It was an unexpected journey that takes you through an array of emotions and felt just really honest. Because that's just how life is sometimes; sometimes great, sometimes heartbreaking, sometimes just ugly and honest, and sometimes beautiful and meaningful.

...

Parker's life is the spotlight for this book. She has been hurt by those she loved the most but she has this thing about her that makes her a really strong character. She is quick witted, entertaining, has this air of life about her that makes you fall in love with her character. She is a bit sheltered and lives across the street from her crazy mother and next door to walking, talking temptation but she works for his wife. She has been heart broken quite a bit in short life and has never really been given the chance to soar. But as her life take unexpected turn after turn maybe she will get that chance.

This was one of those books that you thought perhaps you knew where it was going, until life happened and it takes you to elsewhere. All of the characters were well rounded and so different but so real that you couldn't help but get wrapped up in their lives. There were moments of truth and deception. The whole idea was interesting and it brought the unexpectedness of life to living color. And while I still don't think I found the right words to convey how much I truly enjoyed this story, I did, from beginning to end. It left me almost lost at the end because I didn't know what to do next. I had been so wrapped up in this story for a few days that I almost didn't know what to do with myself when the words came to an end.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment