Friday, June 2, 2017

Lynzi's Review ~ Gone With The Ghost by Erin McCarthy

Gone With The Ghost (Murder by Design, #1)Gone With The Ghost by Erin McCarthy
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

☆☆☆1/2
~Lynzi
The blurb is what caught my attention on this one. Then the cover threw me off and I wasn't so sure. But I read on anyways, and I was rather shocked. Another reason to never judge a book by its cover.

I haven't and don't read many murder mysteries or suspense books, because I don't really have a yern for them, but I liked this one. I'm glad I read it.

Bailey is left a complete mess when her best friend, who just so happens to be the man she is in love with, Ryan, kills himself. Six months is how long he's been gone. Then one day, he just shows up, in ghost form that is. He says he needs her help. So being the best friend she is, and wanting to spend more time with him, she said yes. Little did she know how dangerous and crazy it would be. She doesn't know what she is getting herself into.

Ryan needs Bailey to help him get out of purgatory. And the how won't be so easy. Especially because Bailey is no detective nor does she have a nak for piecing things together. So this should be interesting.

Marner, Ryan's old partner has excepted the fact that Ryan offed himself. Even thought it's a hard pill to swallow. So when Bailey comes to him saying things, and trying to dig things up that aren't there, he has to step in.

This story took me for a loop. I would of never guessed it was 'that' that happened or that's how it would end. But the ending makes me think there will be another and that's definitely something I will be looking out for.

I would love to see Bailey end up happy and with a man who can and will love her back. Just how she deserves. And Jake seems like a good guy, and the one to do it. ;)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment