Friday, June 2, 2017

Lynzi's Review ~ Kingdom by A.M. Johnson

Kingdom (Avenues Ink #2)Kingdom by A.M. Johnson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

☆☆☆☆☆
~Lynzi
5 brilliant midnight stars!!

I honestly don't even know where to start, but I will start with OH MY WORD!!

"He was gasoline and I was dynamite, and as always, when we struck, it was the spark needed to set an entire city block into bright red flames."

I absolutely loved Declan and Paige's story. Declan touched my heart in such amazing ways. I fell in love with his family and their lives, so I was really looking forward to the leader of the packs story.

Liam's number one goal in life, was to protect his family. His family was his everything, and they needed his protection. They needed his love and his loyalty. Especially with a father as horrible as theirs was. So being the eldest, he stepped up to the plate and was the man of the house. He made decisions that weren't always easy, but were things that needed to be done. Trying to do right by both his family and the girl he loved, was a definite struggle. When you find someone your soul connects to, it's a glorious thing, but when wants and needs collide and they aren't on the same track, the train derails. Leaving all its passengers left to the chaos.

"Kelly and I, we could destroy each other faster than any collision ever could."

"We were injured birds with clipped fucking wings. It didn’t matter if there was a cage or not, after everything that had happened to us, we’d never get the chance to fly again."

All Kelly dreamed of was one day leaving the hell she was unfortunately raised in. Leaving the house that held so many ghosts, leaving the town that closed it all in, was all she thought about. She wanted a new life, a better life. And until Liam, she planned to do it alone. Liam changed everything. Liam saved her when she needed it. But no matter what her and Liam had, she wouldn't and couldn't stay in that town, but she needed the light he always gave her. Until he became the nightmare she had been running from.

"Liam loved hard, and he fought for what he wanted. He’d always had to. It was in his bones, just as my need to feel free was in my own."

"We were sewn together, heart and soul, patched up with steel thread and leather patches."

Liam intrigued me from the get go. I couldn't wait to hear his story. Boy what a story it was. It even brought me to tears. Which is hard to do, but this one got me. This one broke my heart. For him. For her. For them both.

Kelly is inspiration and love;
Kelly is light and darkness;
All swirled together to make a masterpiece called hope.

I couldn't get enough of this story. I drug the reading of it out, past my due date, because I didn't want it to end. Thank God Kieran gets a book and I get more of this family. The O'Connell's have stole a piece of my heart. Piece by piece. Word by word. I have no doubt that Kieran's book will be epic, and I can't fricking wait.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment