Friday, June 2, 2017

Shy's Review ~ Somebody Else's Sky by Jessica Hawkins

Somebody Else's Sky (Something in the Way, #2)Somebody Else's Sky by Jessica Hawkins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

I went into this book nervous and anxious. There was a lot of hype about it, and in light of the love triangle that is going on, the way things ended in book one, and the fact that I know there's still one more book to come for everything to be resolved, my tension was so high going in. I can't give an adequate description of what this book is about without giving things away, but I'll say you definitely shouldn't be reading this one if you haven't read book one because this story picks up shortly after where that one ended.

Things started differently then I expected, and they kept going in directions I either didn't expect, or, I admit, a few I didn't want. This is the first time I loved the writing skills of an author, felt every emotion meant to be felt, was hooked to every word, and yet felt my heart break with every chapter that passed.

Some of the characters showed sides of themselves I didn't know they had. They showed depths, or vulnerabilities, or levels of hurt and hopelessness I wasn't prepared for. I felt this book showed things from an angle I wasn't even looking for in book one. I didn't feel the same way about everyone when I finished as I did when I began.

By the time the last word was read, I was shattered and I don't know how to put myself back together. The final book can't come soon enough. And yet after the way this one ended, I don't know what to expect, how things could possibly work out the way I think they should have, or if I even want that any more. This book just left me torn.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment