Friday, June 9, 2017

Tiffany's Review ~ Lightstruck by Liz Crowe

Lightstruck (Brewing Passion, #2)Lightstruck by Liz Crowe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

This is book two in the series and Ross's story. After fleeing the relationship he shared with Evelyn and Austin, he starts a new venture in Colorado. To forget his feelings for Evelyn, he decides to dive head first into the life he used to live full of women. Eventually he agrees to help Austin with some things that have been happening around his brewery. He's captivated there by the new brewer, Elisa, and he's determined to win her over.
I wasn't the biggest fan of Ross in book one. He could never decide exactly what he wanted and go for it, He did what he thought he should do without thinking of the others in his life. He did a lot of running away, even though he compared everyone to the relationship he had with Evelyn. You knew that he deserved more than that when he met Elisa, and there was never a comparison. I liked seeing him find his own way and his one true person to love. I absolutely loved the things he did for Elisa.
Elisa is an mystery. She doesn't talk about her past. She doesn't want a relationship. It amazed me when the things she survived came to light. Elisa was truly one of the strongest women I've read. She survived so much pain and abuse and she still lived her life to the fullest. I love her quick wit and the banter between her and Ross. My heart broke for her as the pain of her past slowly came to light. She truly deserved to be loved and to live a full and happy life with everything she could want. When pasts interfere, they need to find a way to overcome the damage their choices make.
This has been a great series and I love the writing style. I was happy we got to see and follow the stories of previous characters as well. This was full of drama and twists, and was a great read. Ross redeemed himself for me in this book and I loved getting his side of the story.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment