Sunday, July 9, 2017

Ali's Review ~ Resisting Love by Christine Zolendz

Resisting Love (Behind Blue Lines, #1)Resisting Love by Christine Zolendz
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

☆☆☆.5
~ Ali

This was my first by Zolendz and I went into it excited. Resisting Love is told in alternating first person which I tend to gravitate towards. Liv was a funny heroine. She seemed to have a good attitude even with playing parent to her mom. Growing up with her neighbor and best friend, it's easy to see her fall for the older brother. Dean is your typical book boyfriend who struggles with the repercussions of his job as a police officer. Not wanting to bring anyone into his world causes him to feel so alone and empty. There was a lot of angst for such a quick read and you just want to shake these two and tell them to get over their fears and take the chance. There was buildup at the end of secondary characters which have you hoping to find out more and maybe get some answers for remaining loose ends. There was a lot of potential here but the depth I was expecting was lacking leaving you with a funny, predictable, quick read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment