Sunday, July 9, 2017

Cassie's Review ~ Lost Love by Kelly Elliott

Lost Love (Cowboys and Angels, #1)Lost Love by Kelly Elliott
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

☆☆☆☆
~ Cassie

Lost Love it the first book in the Cowboys & Angels series. If you are looking for a second chance love story then this is the book for you!
Lost Love is Paxton and Steed’s story. And it is a true love story with a big heartbreak along the way. I loved Steed and I especially loved how he owned up to the huge mistake he made. He did not sugar coat his actions and knew he ruined his perfect love story. Because of his actions he stays away from Paxton and his family for ten years. When he finally comes home he knows that he will have an uphill battle trying to win back the love of his life. And Paxton does make him work for it and I like that she did because he truly broke her heart before and when he left ten years ago. I really like Paxton and how she could admit that she still loved him to herself, but wasn’t sure if she could trust her heart with him again. Even though she did not just take him back right away, she finally does give into her heart and give him another chance.
I loved seeing how their young love turned into a love that was a more mature and sustaining. They also were not lacking in the chemistry department, but I also love that they decided to take it slow and get to know each other again. I really liked how they worked through the heartbreak and a both healed before moving on a starting their new stronger relationship. This is a couple that you root for and want them to be together. There is not a lot of drama surrounding them and that is refreshing to read.
Kelly Elliott is becoming one of my favorite authors. She rights her books with so much love and heart that you cannot help but root for her couples. I cannot wait for the rest of this series. The Parker family is going to be a fun family to read!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment