Friday, July 14, 2017

Diane's Review ~ Blue by S.M. West

Blue (Love in Color #2)Blue by S.M. West
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

An edgy second chance…

This is the second story in this series and while many of the elements I enjoyed in this author’s writing were back, Carys and Ryan were different and definitely their own characters. Their relationship had been over for a long time and while Ryan was back and wanted to make amends, start over, it wasn’t going to be that easy. NOT AT ALL. Tangled family, grief, loss. All of these factored into their break up and were going to be navigated again before they could find peace.

I admit struggling with the timeline as it bounced back and forth in time quite a bit. My linear brain finds this story element hard to keep up with and this was no exception. Saying that, however, I liked this book. The plot premise may have sounded familiar but the characters made it uniquely their own. Were they perfect? No. I found some choices on both sides were made that felt awkward and out of place. Through it all though their feelings felt honest and always invited me to share why they did they things they did.

Is the hardest step the first one or the second? I think I may now be closer to finding out…

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment