Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Diane's Review ~ The Long Way Home by Jasinda Wilder

The Long Way Home (The One, #1)The Long Way Home by Jasinda Wilder
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

Blown away….

I read this author’s BADD Brothers series and loved each one more than the last. They were funny and deep, light-hearted and sexy – stories I happily got lost in. I knew this story would deal with loss and grief – be emtionally different – very different – but little did I know how much this author’s voice was going to change. And while she was doing that she would capture me, one
agonizing sentence at a time…

Ava and Christian are in the depths of hell. That is the only way to describe it. Reeling from the loss of their son, their lives have evolved into a world of gut-wrenching pain and loss that pushes everything and everyone else out. I could feel their pain in every eloquent thought, note and letter. Ironic that losing each other to silence would be countered with an abundance of words that were beautifully poetic, almost scholarly at times. And those words were incredible. In a volley of exchanges, they would bare their souls and damaged hearts to themselves, to each other, and to the reader in turn. From a relationship that was grounded in truth and reality, their new worlds were terrifying in the quiet that enveloped them. When that silence shattered, their new truth was going to hurt…

"I love you, and fuck you, Ava."

Unsettled. Sad. Mesmerized. Totally immersed. That was me as I was reading this unique but compelling story of lovers dealing with the worst life could offer. In a cliffhanger I wasn’t expecting, their story was not done even as a new one emerged. I can’t wait to continue both of them!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment