Monday, July 10, 2017

Diane's Review ~ Mister Hockey by Lia Riley

Mister Hockey (Hellions Angels #1)Mister Hockey by Lia Riley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

Another hockey series to love!

I admit it. I saw the title. I saw the author’s name. I pounced like a tiger on its prey!

Breezy was an introvert’s dream! A librarian who loves books (well, duh!), funny and quiet, with a raunchy side that was waiting to be tapped. Independent, insightful, she is Jed’s biggest fan even if she was now in the closet.

Jed was at a crossroads and meeting Breezy was a breath of fresh air he couldn’t stay away from. Her zany family, her beauty and her realness was a balm to his suddenly over-turned life. Their connection was hilarious, electric and off the charts (along with their clothes)…

I loved these characters who were laugh out loud funny as well as hot together. They laughed, they loved (oh boy did they heat up the sheets!) and they fought – making them perfect in their imperfections. It was insta-attraction with love not far behind but nothing felt rushed or too fast – in fact, the only thing fast was the pages as I turned them way too quickly.

“I want to be the one who makes you believe in fairy tales.”

Breezy and Jed’s story spoke to my inner yearning for a Cinderella story where the heroine was strong and she saved the hero, just as he saved her. These characters, their story, made me laugh even as it all bumped my heart over and over. Perfection!

Bring on Neve and Tor’s story – theirs is going to be filled with fireworks I can’t wait for!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment