Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Diane's Review ~ Survival Instinct by Janie Crouch

Survival Instinct (Instinct #3)Survival Instinct by Janie Crouch
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

A story that is romantic, mysterious, deadly and oh so good…

Chloe is talented and driven, her success rivalled only by her well-known potty mouth. When not feeding the swear jar her next mortgage payment, she is busy writing and keeping her uber-successful television afloat. It has been a challenge given a stalker is intent on shutting it down… Shane is to be its protector, her protector, and she is going to fight him every step of the way…

I wish I could do this story justice in the words I use to describe it. The minute I started reading it I was hooked. Chloe was mysterious in the secrets she kept but as they slowly revealed themselves, her strength, her character, shone through. She was snarky but I couldn’t help but like her crankiness and all. She and Shane were at loggerheads but his cool but competent manner attracted her like no other. Even as she railed it against. Shane was a protector, a leader – a solid man who would have your back even as he shielded your front. Throw in the looks of a model and a surprising sense of humour and there was little wonder that Chloe was in trouble…

Imminent danger with other-worldly elements woven through it all, I couldn’t put this book down. Life had to take a back seat until that last page was turned. Reluctantly… The only thing that saved me from immediately dropping into a horrible book hangover was the knowledge that Chloe had two sisters whose stories were already published. *insert happy dance right here*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment