Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Erin's Review ~ Kiss My Boots by Harper Sloan

Kiss My Boots (Coming Home, #2)Kiss My Boots by Harper Sloan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

I am absolutely loving Harper Sloan's Coming Home Series. Kiss My Boots was the perfect follow up to Lost Rider.

It was impossible not to fall in love with Quinn in the first book. Her wit and no-nonsense attitude endeared her to me. I was excited to read her story. Quinn is no stranger to heartache, abandoned by her mother, raised by a ruthless and uncaring father, and left by the only man she's ever loved. Her brothers, her best friend, and her shop are what's important to her now.

Tate Montgomery has made a huge mistake and now he's going to do whatever it takes to fix it. Finally in a place to right past wrongs, Tate travels back to Texas and back to the woman who still owns his heart.

What happens when the past shows up at your door? Do you run away from it, or right towards it?
It was easy to get pulled into this story. Sloan always creates such complex characters. The way they develop and unfold for us makes it impossible not to connect with them. I enjoyed how open both Quinn and Tate were. They knew what they wanted and went for it. We didn't have to spend the whole book dealing with back and forth and mind games. On their own, these characters were fabulous. Together, they were even better!

Sloan surrounds our couple with a strong support system. Quinn's brothers and her closest friend, Leighton, play a large role throughout the book. The dynamics between all of these characters adds so much to the story.

The deep storyline was sweet, sexy, and quite emotional at times. I enjoyed the laughs as well as the tears and everything in between. I am eagerly awaiting Clay's book, I have a feeling it's going to be the most intense.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment