Sunday, July 9, 2017

Erin's Review ~ On the Plus Side by Alison Bliss

On the Plus Side (A Perfect Fit #2)On the Plus Side by Alison Bliss
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

3.5
description
Valerie has been in love with Logan for as long as she can remember. Unfortunately, the fact that he's her extremely overprotective brother's best friend, makes even imagining any kind of relationship with him impossible. Or is it? When Logan comes back to town, after years of being away, Valerie jumps at the chance to make him hers. She'll do anything to show him she's not just his best friend's kid sister, even working for him in his new bar. The more time they spend together, the more Val begins to see that maybe her feelings aren't as one sided as she originally thought. Will their blossoming relationship hold up to the obstacles trying to pull them apart or will it all be too much?
I love the "brother's best friend" trope and when said brother is as domineering and overbearing as Brett, you know you're in for a drama filled ride. Between Brett meddling and Logan's inability to accept his own feelings, I was ready to scream. Val didn't though, she just pushed on, I really loved that about her. She knew what she wanted and she just went for it. She was driven and quite unstoppable and she didn't let anything stand in her way, not even Logan.
I enjoyed the tension and the push and pull between Val and Logan. Their chemistry was explosive and I loved them together. There were times that I grew frustrated with various characters and aspects of the story. That being said, I needed to find out how everything would turn out. I wish that we could have seen a bit further down the road as things seemed to wrap up quickly. I'm interested to see what Bliss delivers next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment