Sunday, July 9, 2017

Erin's Review ~ Seductively Spellbound by Cassandra Lawson

Seductively SpellboundSeductively Spellbound by Cassandra Lawson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description
The newest installment of Lawson's Spells That Bind Series is most definitely my favorite. A story of finding ones place and learning that sometimes you need to take a deeper look at what's right in front of you.
Gryph and Julia were hot! We got to see their undeniable attraction in the previous book and I was beyond excited to find out what was going to happen between these two. Who would have thought a witch and a werewolf would have such chemistry, they certainly didn't. Each wanting the other but both with completely different ideas of where things were going. I enjoyed watching their relationship grow and change throughout the story. Gryph was so tender and sweet, making sure to take things slow, even though it was killing them both (and me!!) It created such a slow burn and so much tension between them.
In addition to the romance, we are once again given a clever mystery. As I read, I tried to piece together all the little clues laid out for us. We only get tiny details sprinkled here and there, I was desperate for answers. I love the way that Lawson includes snippets of the unsubs (in this case The Gentleman Warlock) point of view. It adds an interesting aspect to the story and opens up more of the mystery to us. The suspense builds throughout and when woven in with the rest of the story, I was incapable of putting this book down.
I can't help but find myself caught up in these stories. I don't know what it was about Gryph and Julia but I was drawn to them. I've loved all of the characters in the series but there was just something that set these two apart. Their connection, their dynamic, their personalities, all of it.
I love the way that Lawson has set up subsequent books. Finding out that she's planning a spinoff is exciting!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment