Sunday, July 9, 2017

Erin's Review ~ Tycoon by Katy Evans

TycoonTycoon by Katy Evans
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

description
Trying to get her business started, Bryn has run out of options for backers. With no one left to turn to, she gets the opportunity to meet with Aaric Christos, a man whose name is synonymous with success and power. The man with "the Midas touch". He's not willing to invest without making sure the start up, and Bryn, are worthy of his time. To make matters more complicated, these two share a history. High school crushes with feelings that might be more present than past.
Bryn and Aaric had such a sweet connection. She had always thought of him as her "what if", wondered what would have happened had she just gone for it. Aaric had always cared deeply for her. She had been the girl he'd always wanted to be worthy of. I loved that they were finally getting the chance to find out what could be. Add to that the fact that he is the one person who has the ability to help her achieve her dreams and I was hooked.
I have to admit, while I was intrigued with the story and eager to find out what would happen, I felt the character and relationship development was a bit lacking. I wasn't fully drawn into the story the way I usually am with an Evan's book. I enjoyed reading the story even though I wasn't lost in it. As always, Evan's writing shines and the story elicited a variety of emotions from me. I'm excited to see what she has in store for us next!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment