Saturday, July 22, 2017

Jess's Review ~ The Broken Puppet by Amo Jones

The Broken Puppet (Elite King's Club, #2)The Broken Puppet by Amo Jones
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

In book 2 of the Elite Kings I feel like am left with more questions instead of answers. While there were a number of important pieces of information that were given but I still have that "what the fuck is going on" feeling.

This was a book that requires you to pay attention because some of the subtle clues that are given out can be easily missed if you don't. This series is not light and fluffy, it's dark and twisted. The more you learn about the Kings the deeper down the rabbit hole you go.

This book picks up right where we left off with Madison running. Running from her family, Bishop and all that she has learned. Sometimes her choices and behaviors grated in my nerves but then I had to remember she's only a teenager and she has no idea what her life really means. She doesn't know who she is or what she is, she doesn't know who to trust and at every turn something crazier than before happens. As she slowly remembers her tortured childhood she questions everything and everyone. Even at the close of this book I have no idea who is being truthful and if we will ever know the whole story.

And then there is Bishop, still mysterious but apparently he knows everything. Or so he thought. I did find myself a bit... I don't even know the right word, but I growled a lot. Sometimes at how the characters acted, sometimes at the secrets, sometimes at their choices but I felt more impatient in this book than the first. Regardless, this book again left me with my mouth hanging opened and anxiously awaiting what is to the next book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment