Sunday, July 9, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Killing June: A Dark Romance by May B. Bridges

Killing June: A Dark Romance (Saved by Sin #1)Killing June: A Dark Romance by May B. Bridges
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

Alex, June or Alexandria????

Alex in the daytime is a successful business woman, controlled, poised and working her way up in the corporate world of mergers and buyouts. But at night she is something else, someone else. She is June, dominant, strong, take-no-prisoners, and a bit of a bitch. When she becomes involved in more than she first suspected and a dangerous man enters her life, she doesn't even know who she wants to be anymore.

This is the first book I have read by this author and I am not sure if this is her first published solo book or not, but if it was she did a great job right out of the gates. It was dark-ish, had some suspense, it was erotic and contemporary all at the same time. There are BDSM elements and had that dark naughty feeling throughout. I say dark-ish because it called to my dark soul but not so dark that it needs a long disclaimer. There was soul searching and conflicts, a bad-ass male lead who had a softer side and a just as bad-ass female who was also vulnerable.

Alex is trying to find herself and figure out who she is. She is looking for someone but the "what she really wants" is not so clear. I enjoyed the book and at around 70% I thought this was going to leave me hanging because I didn't think there was enough time to complete things for me. I would have been wrong and actually I can't decide if that makes me happy or a bit sad. I did feel like I wanted more...something. I definitely feel like I didn't get enough Cade. He is still a bit of a mystery. You know some of the details but I still feel like I could have gotten more from him. I liked the direction of the story and I liked that it kept me captivated throughout. I will absolutely read what is to come from this author because I was addicted and will need another fix.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment