Sunday, July 30, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Star Struck by Laurelin Paige

Star StruckStar Struck by Laurelin Paige
My rating: 3.5 ~ 4 of 5 stars

3.5 - 4

I enjoyed this one; a potent hate/love relationship, sizzling chemistry to bitter cold relationship, followed up with a bit of self-discovery.

Heather is a famous star and a complete snob. She has fought to be in the position she finds herself in and in doing so created this air of b*tch all around her. To be honest, I didn't like her at first or even for some time. She continued to make me crazy and then say and do things that deserved a good shake. There was even a few points where I wasn't sure she was going to be redeemed for me and then, slowly and eventually she did. Once she really decided to move beyond this idea in her head she became more endearing.

Seth, the "carpenter" on the other hand, made a great first impression, second impression, and I just liked him. He reacted to what he was given in a way that I imagine most would. Covering up a shady past is something he knows all to well and when Heather thinks that he is too beneath him he can't let the attraction they have go unfounded.

The heat level in this was high as was the clashing of personalities. I ended up enjoying the story more than I first expected to and seeing their struggles to the end made me want to continue on. While not my favorite book by this author, it was definitely entertaining and would totally read more of these characters.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment