Monday, July 3, 2017

Shy's Review ~ Touch Me Not by Apryl Baker

Touch Me Not (Manwhore, #1)Touch Me Not by Apryl Baker
My rating: 4.5of 5 stars

description
This story was by a new to me author, and if the acknowledgements hadn't indicated that this was her first attempt at writing romance, I wouldn't have known. This was a well written, thoroughly engaging book.

Nikoli and Lily were great characters. Nik was a player who didn't apologize for his lifestyle and enjoyment of women. Meeting Lily was supposed to lead to one night (although he rarely agrees to even that long with a woman) and nothing more, but as he gets to know her and the secrets that she keeps, he finds a woman who surprises him at every turn, but she's intriguing and beautiful and slowly starting to fill all his thoughts.

Lily was dealing with a phobia I've never read before in a romance novel, but it added a really interesting element to the story and actually allowed the relationship between Lily and Nik to go in a way that built the story nicely and really let me get to know both characters.

I can definitely say that this first book I've read from this author has me interested in reading another. And I hope there are many more to come, cause I can think of at least three men who need their own story from this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment