Thursday, October 12, 2017

Jess's Review ~ The Ghostwriter by Alessandra Torre

The GhostwriterThe Ghostwriter by Alessandra Torre
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

I'm not sure I can put my thoughts or feelings about this book into words and the words I do come up will pale in comparison to how I really think and feel. If you are looking for the type of book that this writer usually writes you will be disappointed. This is not a romance, there is no alpha male to swoon over, or saucy writing that will make you blush. But what this does have is the authors amazing talent for words and a story that makes you pay attention.

This is a story of an author, one with a very important story to write and only a short window of time to tell it.When I first met Helena, I thought okay, maybe she is just eccentric, which turned into okay maybe she is just a b*tich. Truth...I was not initially a fan of hers. I enjoyed her voice and the story was gripping but there was something about her that I just didn't like. She is high-maintenance with her odd lists and strange demands. Living alone, with very little surrounding her and attempting to write this story but failing to get far enough. Seeking the help from the last person you'd expect, you find that there is more to Helena and her quirks than at first glance.

This story was emotional and raw, but kept you in a state of suspense. Dying to know what the story was that needed to be told I was glued to the pages. I needed to know what secrets that Helena had to tell and getting there was a journey of up and downs. Once I finished this book I had to sit to let it all sink in and sat for quite some time. There I not many books that I need to digest after the end but this was one of them. Definitely a book that will stick with me a long time from now.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment