Thursday, October 12, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Midnight Unleashed by Lara Adrian

Midnight Unleashed (Midnight Breed, #14.7)Midnight Unleashed by Lara Adrian
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

This is a smart and suspenseful addition to the Midnight Breed series and another solid addition to the 1001 Dark Nights. As a follower of the Midnight Breed series I very much enjoy these little additions. While they add to the overall story and the hunt to eliminate the powerful drug they kind of stand-alone within the series. I do feel like you need to be familiar with the series to get the back story and an understanding of who the players are.

Starting off right in the thick of things; Gen One warrior, Trygg, is tracking down the newest supplier of the drug that turns the Breed into something beyond crazed. His hunt leads him right to the doorsteps of the icy Tamisia. Thrown together by not-so-great circumstances these two try to get to bottom of what is going on, not only with the Order's newest mark but also their feelings.

As with most novellas there is a lot of story packed into not a lot pages. There is action and bloodshed, chemistry and backstory. There is really no down time and it wasn't just quick because the small number of pages but I felt like I flew through the story because there was something keeping me interested until the end. I did enjoy getting to visit a series that I have been following for some time and it made me yearn for more of them.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment