Thursday, October 12, 2017

Nikki's Review ~ Where I Found You by Brooke O'Brien

Where I Found You (Heart's Compass, #1)Where I Found You by Brooke O'Brien
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description
Where I Found You is the first book of the Heart's Compass series by Brooke O'Brien.

Ellie is a broken woman running from an abusive past. Hurting but determined to start over in a new town, her self defense is to build walls not letting anyone in. But along the way on her journey she meets Callum.

Ellie just breaks your heart reading the pain she has endured. She has been betrayed by the very ones that should be protecting her. But her determination and her strength made Ellie a heroine with inner steel.

Callum is one patient man. Not use to having a woman slam the door in the face of his pursuit, he is intrigued by the beautiful Ellie. I loved that Callum was teaching Ellie how to have fun and to live life. He showed her the beauty and passion her life was missing.

This was an intense, emotional, sweet read. The author writes of a topic that can be a trigger for some readers but it is done in a sensitive manner. I am excited to read more from Brooke O'Brien and the Heart's Compass series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment