Sunday, July 30, 2017

Blog Tour ~ #Review ~ The Brightest Sunset by Aly Martinez


The conclusion of this new, highly emotional must-read duet by Aly Martinez is LIVE! Buy THE BRIGHTEST SUNSET now!

The Brightest Sunset--Book Two in the Darkest Sunrise Duet by Aly Martinez


The Darkest Sunrise (Book One in the Darkest Sunrise Duet) is now #LIVE and #FREE on #KU for #KindleUnlimited users!
#OneClick your copy today if you haven't yet!


THE BRIGHTEST SUNSET - BLURB:


Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never harm me.
Bullshit.
Words destroyed me.
“I’m sorry. She didn’t make it.”
“Daddy, he can’t breathe!”
“There’s nothing more we can do for your son.”
Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never harm me.
Lies.
Those syllables and letters became my executioner. I told myself that, if I didn’t acknowledge the pain and the fear, they would have no power over me. But, as the years passed, the hate and the anger left behind began to control me.
Two words—that was all it took to plunge my life into darkness.
“He’s gone.”
In the end, it was four soft, silky words that gave me hope of another sunrise.
“Hi. I’m Charlotte Mills.”

Holy-moly that was awesome!

So after i was left speechless at the end of book one to say I NEEDED this book would be an understatement. So diving right in I was hit with a thick an heavy emotions from both Porter and Charlotte. When you think that you have already seen the layers of darkness these two have already endured you don't think there is any more left, well you would be wrong. Only this time, the pain is different and confusing because you just want them to be but they can't. You just want there to be happiness and it's not there. You just want them both to come to light but they are shoved back into the darkness with everyone else pulling the strings.

One of the things that I loved the most about this book was Charlotte. She knew how to wear the face and answer the questions from the years she had perfected it but Porter changed something in her. While still with her amazing dry sense of humor she grew this backbone that really made her shine. Once she realized what was wrong with the whole situation she found a way to stand strong and help the person who found her stand strong too.

Porter broke my heart, his pain and torment was soul crushing and it was literally painful for me. He is one of those characters that just touched me in book one and to see this whole thing unravel in book two just broke me for him. Of no fault of his own, his life gets ripped apart and there is nothing that he can do about it. He forgot how to find the light because no one would just give him a minute to just breath.

This story didn't quite follow the path I anticipated it would but it made it so much more epic because it didn't. This book seemed harder than the first, maybe it was because I was already attached to the characters, I'm not sure but it felt heavier. But thankfully there were still times that I found it in me to giggle because of the dry ridiculousness of these two characters. There was still heat that eventually made it a bed. I might have cheered out-loud a couple of times and it definitely gave me the feels.

I kind of hope that there is a book somewhere for a brother and a friend, so I can see more of everyone, but if not I was left satisfied and eventually I'll be able to move on.

~Jess
-------------

AUTHOR BIO:


Originally from Savannah, Georgia, USA Today bestselling author Aly Martinez now lives in South Carolina with her four young children.

Never one to take herself too seriously, she enjoys cheap wine, mystery leggings, and baked feta. It should be known, however, that she hates pizza and ice cream, almost as much as writing her bio in the third person.

She passes what little free time she has reading anything and everything she can get her hands on, preferably with a super-sized tumbler of wine by her side.

AUTHOR LINKS:

No comments:

Post a Comment