Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Diane's Review ~ Coming Consumed by Renee Harless

Coming Consumed (Welcome to Carson, Book 3)Coming Consumed by Renee Harless
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

description
Attraction and secrets…

I started this series backwards! That in no way stopped me from enjoying Sydney and Dylan’s story, however. From the start there was something between the focused baker and the would-be chef. Sexual attraction? Wariness? Fear? Uncertainty? Oh yes, there was a lot going on as Sydney reveals her worries through flashes to the past even as her future begins to unfold… Protective, handsome, thou be Dylan! And Sydney, even as she tries to keep him at arm’s length, is not immune to his charm…

This was my first read of the series as well as by this author. I was intrigued by the use of present tense (I hope I have that right, my English lessons were a while ago) as I don't see it very often. It found it intriguing and a bit jarring in fact because it was so rare. Was it used well? Absolutely. Past, present, future – there was a lot going on in this slow-building, suspense-filled courtship. A solid romance and a plethora of secondary characters that brought with them their unique personalities and back stories that I need to find out more about (as I reach for earlier books in this series).

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment