Saturday, July 22, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Beautiful Mistake by Vi Keeland

Beautiful MistakeBeautiful Mistake by Vi Keeland
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

"I think we both have parts of our lives we'd rather not shake for fear of waking them up."

This was a soulful and intricately woven tale of fate and overcoming the past. Sometimes fate is more than a mere coincidence and Rachel and Caine, the two main characters of this story find their way into each other's lives in a pretty unexpected way. First with a little outburst from Rachel only for her to find out that she is his new TA.

Rachel is feisty, she is a hard worker and student, she hasn't had a serious relationship in a long time and just an all-around entertaining character to read about. She becomes someone you want to read about, she is full of life and doesn't let her past define her. She also has the hots for the Professor West.

Caine West is a mysterious type of character. He has a past that he has buried, he is a white walls and clean lines type of guy, he has made some pretty poor choices and now he is fighting the attraction and nagging familiarity of his new TA. He is a tortured type of character who isn't looking for anything more than the single life he leads right now.

There is some intense chemistry between these two characters, which manifests itself into heated arguments, continuous push and pull, battle of wits and not so subtle flirting. I found this story to be really engaging. It was the type of book I got lost in. I wanted to see what sort of bickering was coming next, I loved the taboo-ish relationship, and the uncovering of the circumstances that brought these two people together. It was an added bonus that Professor West had a dirty mouth and these two were explosive together.

I really loved this story and this is one that has stuck with me as I am writing this review quite a few days after I read it. I can't wait to see what is coming next from her.

The invisible scars are the hardest to heal."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment