Sunday, July 9, 2017

Tiffany's Review ~ I Knew You Were Trouble by Lauren Layne

I Knew You Were Trouble (Oxford, #4)I Knew You Were Trouble by Lauren Layne
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

description
They say it's a fine line between love and hate. Taylor and Nick definitely ride that line. Nick has been a royal pain since he and Taylor met, dubbing her the Ice Princess. Taylor is hurting but she'll never show it. She doesn't see herself the same way, she's just focused on what she wants. On move in day, her boyfriend dumps her via note and she's stuck with the rent all on her own. She desperately needs a roomie, and when Nick volunteers in front of her ex, Bradley, she accepts. Taylor is determined to get Bradley back, and making him jealous may be the way to go.
I can't say enough how much I loved the witty banter and the tension between the two. Even though Taylor had a one track mind where Bradley was concerned, she was likeable. She was amazingly strong, considering her childhood. Always told never to show weakness. She wanted nothing more to be loved, something she never felt growing up. There was always an urge both Taylor and Nick had to go on a date, but the timing was always off. One or the other of them was in a relationship. There was a lot of wasted time, but it was needed for their relationship to start to evolve. The tension was palpable most of the time.
Lauren did an amazing job at making you feel every emotion in this book. It was so well written that I felt like I worked at the office and witnessed everything. It was fun and sexy, enemies to lovers. Once I started this one, I devoured it. I enjoyed every page, from front to back. I was so excited to see what would happen next, but when I got to the end, I wanted more. The ending was perfect though, I can't wait for more in this series!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment