Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Erin's Review ~ Blue Balls by RC Boldt

Blue BallsBlue Balls by R.C. Boldt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

RC Boldt's follow up to Clam Jam was laugh out loud funny, super sweet, and oh so sexy. Sarah and Jack have undeniable chemistry and a strong connection. The only problem is that every time things start to get hot and heavy, disaster strikes, leaving them with a serious case of blue balls. These two couldn't catch a break and the ridiculous antics had me both cringing and rolling with laughter.

Not only did the characters get blue balls but so did I as the reader. The way the story is written, building and then a break, caused a bit of a disconnect, a pause in the flow of the story. I wasn't able to fully lose myself in the story. Another unfortunate side effect to this was that it made things feel repetitive at times. That being said, it also allowed for the build of the relationship in a different way. We got to see these characters grow closer, not just sexually, but really open up, learn more about one another, and create something deeper. I do wish the story felt smoother but other aspects, such as character development, humor, and the right amount of angst, were all there and kept me engaged.

The sexual tension was palpable. I needed Sarah and Jack to finally cross the finish line!! And more than that, I wanted Sarah to finally accept love into her life. I was eager to find out when and how everything would come together...no pun intended lol.

I have thoroughly enjoyed everything I've read from Boldt. I'm excited to see what she delivers next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment