Thursday, August 10, 2017

Shy's Review ~ I Do(n't) by Leddy Harper

I Do(n't)I Do by Leddy Harper
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

This story snuck up on me and caught me by surprise with how much I liked it. Don't get me wrong, it started off good, but it became fantastic the more I read. This author sure knows how to build a story and suck a reader in.

A wild night in Vegas changes the whole dynamic of Holden and Janelle's relationship. That went from brother's best friend and little sister to so much more. But secrets kept and 5 years apart make for interesting twists in an awesome story.

Holden was... Just amazing. As this story unfolded, especially in the beginning and the details of the wild night in Vegas, my heart was cracking into so many pieces for him. Even as I told myself I should probably be feeling for and siding with Janelle, I just couldn't. I was firmly on Team Holden. And then the more I read and learned about him the more I loved him. He had his moments where I wanted to shake him a little, but it didn't change the love.

Janelle was a little slower to grow on me. Initially I felt she put all the blame on Holden and I wasn't ok or in agreement with that. But then she started showing vulnerability and a softer side and I was able to connect with her. She still had moments where it seemed she thought everyone else was to blame for one thing or another, but she quickly got over it. Usually with the help of Holden.

This book was one I want through quickly once things really got going because I didn't want to put it down. I would definitely recommend it to other fans of brother's best friend, friends to lover type stories.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment